Small Business and Entrepreneurship Assistance Center Funding Opportunities
In 2018/19, GO-Biz was allocated $23 million in General Fund funding to support three grant programs for small business technical assistance centers throughout California. The Small Business Technical Assistance Expansion Program (SB TAEP) provides $17 million each year through 2022-23 to expand small business services, such as free or low-cost one-on-one consulting and low-cost training. The program’s funding is focused on services to underserved business groups, including women, people of color, veterans and low-wealth, rural, and disaster impacted communities. The program allocates funding through a competitive grant process each year.
The 2018/19 budget also included the continuation of $3 million in annual funding through 2022-23 for the Capital Infusion Program (CIP), which supports one-on-one business consulting provided by the Small Business Development Network to assist small businesses in accessing capital. The 2018/19 budget also allocated $3 million in one-time local cash match grants for the Technical Assistance Program (TAP) which supports other federal small business technical assistance centers. This one-time local cash match grant sunsets September 30, 2019.
Grant Announcements (Current)
- iHubs2 Request for Proposals 2021
- TAP 2022-2023 Pre-Bid Webinar Session One and Two Combined Q&A
- Tap 2022-23 Letter of Intent template
- 2022-23 TAP Program Announcement
- 2022-23 CIP Program Announcement
- Low-Wealth Areas for Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Applications
- TAP 2022-23 Pre-Bid Webinar Recording
- Notice of Intent to Award Lendistry 21GOB024
- Dream Fund TA Applicant Questions (click will download a .docx)
- Dream Fund Program Announcement – Rev 12.15
- Dream Fund Program Announcement
- Dream Fund Grantmaking Entity Q & A
- 2021-22 Pre-Bid Webinar Slides
- 2021-22 CIP Program Announcement
- 2021-22 TAEP Program Announcement
- Request for Endorsement by GO-Biz for Fast Program – Apr. 26, 2021
- SBTAEP2018-Special Projects RFP
- 2020-21 CIP Program Announcement
- 2020-21 TAEP Program Announcement
- 2020-21 TAEP Pre-Bid Webinar Recording
- 2020-21 TAEP Pre-Bid Webinar Presentation + FAQ
- 2019-20 TAEP Program Announcement
- 2019-20 TAEP Program Announcement : Attachment A: Intake Sheet
- 2019-20 TAEP Program Announcement: Attachment B: Budget Justification
- SB TAEP Pre-Bid Webinar PowerPoint
- SB TAEP Pre-Bid Webinar Questions and Answers
- 2018-19 SB TAEP Program Announcement
- 2018-19 CIP Grant Announcement
- 2018-19 SB TAP Grant Announcement
Are you an organization that provides technical assistance like free training and consulting to small businesses?
If so, sign up below to receive updates on upcoming CalOSBA grant and funding opportunities for technical assistance providers.
Disclaimer: This form only provides program updates and is only for technical assistance providers who wish to partner with CalOSBA and participate in future RFPs. If you are a small business or other stakeholder, sign up for the general CalOSBA newsletter and updates by clicking here.
1325 J Street, Suite 1800
Sacramento, CA 95814
Find a Local Small Business Advisor
CA Grants Portal
Grant and Funding Opportunities